It is Sentiment Saturday time with Unity Stamp Company. I had a happy discovery today to salvage my card. I was having trouble getting a good blend with my overused Distress Inks (they need to be re-inked) when I found some help by using some Distress Micro Glaze.
Featured Stamp Kit
Here is a peek at the kit I’m using today. The bouquet image is just gorgeous… whether you colored in or leave it in black and white it just shines. So many different sentiments to choose from, you can make a care for almost any occasion with this lovely sentiment kit. I wanted it to be so versatile with lots of options.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on Youtube.
Like this video? Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.
It is all about making that stunning image pop against that smooth as glass ombre blue background. The Distress Inks had a little help from the Micro Glaze. My ink pads are badly needing some re-inking (order is on the way) and would not blend or move across my cardstock. I was really getting frustrated and about to scrap the idea when I saw my Micro Glaze sitting by. I thought, why not give it a shot. So I prepped my paper with the tiniest amount of glaze, just to create a slick surface. I let it sit for just a minute, but next time I’ll let it dry completely. Then I started blending on my 3 different colors and the ink just slid beautifully across the page. It did leave fingerprints (which is why I’ll let it dry more next time) but I just used a scrap paper to protect the surface. I’m quite happy with how it saved my background.
I stamped out that beautiful image and just couldn’t color it in. I loved the black and white against that brilliant blue background. So I fussy cut around it and popped it up. Added the sentiment and some Ariel Unity Sequins for a bit of sparkle. And at the last minute decided to color that heart in for a bit of pink. It just really made everything come together.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Cover your standard size A2 (4.25 x 5.5 inch) card with black cardstock.
- Prep a piece of white cardstock (I used Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb) with a small amount of Distress Micro Glaze using a blending tool. Let it dry, the longer it dries the less chance for fingerprints.
- Blend 3 colors of Distress Inks starting with the lightest at the top and moving downward with the darkest at the bottom. Use light circular motions with a blending tool and slowly build up the color with multiple layers of ink.
- Die cut blended background into a scallop shape and glue to the front of the card.
- Stamp flower/jar image onto white cardstock sized 4.25 x 5.5. Use a ruler to create a horizon line with a pencil and cut with scissors. Then fussy cut around the flower image leaving a slight edge of white.
- Pop up the trimmed out image onto the card with foam adhesive. Color the heart with markers (like Copics).
- Glue sequins onto card using a strong glue (like Glossy Accents).
- Heat emboss sentiment in white on black cardstock. Trim into banner by notching out one end and pop up on card with foam adhesive.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate your support of my little blog.