It is Sentiment Saturday time for Unity Stamp Company. Today’s card is all about easy elegance. Just a bit of stamping and embossing and you have a card ready in minutes.
Featured Stamp Kit
Don’t you just love those pretty flowers? When I first designed them, I thought they would be perfect for fall, but now I realize they can be used all year round. Fall-ish or Summer-ish they can be used for some seriously stunning cards. Today, I’m going elegant with a golden floral card.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on Youtube.
Like this video? Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.
I have this thing for gold embossing. I’m not really a gold person in real life, but in the card making world, I can’t get enough of it!!! I want gold everything. Today’s card is all about the classics… simple design, black, gold and white. Just simply elegant.
The background is some gold embossed vellum, which creates a lovely and dreamy backdrop for those gorgeous flowers. The flowers and sentiment are heat embossed in gold on black cardstock. Then I fussy cut the flowers out and popped them up over a bit of string. To finish it off, I added some sequins for a bit more shine and movement on the card.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Cut a piece of gold embossed vellum to cover a standard size A2 (4.25 x 5.5 inch) card. Adhere to card front with glue just in the center to be hidden by the larger flowers. If the corners like to lift up, hide a dot of liquid glue (like Tombo Mono Multi Glue) behind the gold embossed parts just in the corners.
- Tie ribbon around the center of the card.
- Stamp flowers and sentiment in Versamark embossing powder ink and then cover in gold embossing powder. Allow the heat tool to heat up about 30 seconds and then melt the embossing powder.
- Fussy cut the flowers and trim down the sentiment to the width of the card. Glue the sentiment directly to the card and pop up the flowers with foam adhesive.
- Glue on some black sequins using a strong glue like Glossy Accents.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate your support of my little blog.