Sympathy cards mean so much! As hard as they are to create, it is a meaningful way to send your condolences and support. I’m using a pet sympathy kit today by Unity Stamp Company for the perfect sweet and simple pet sympathy card and sharing it over on the Unity Blog. With some tips on some easy
Featured Stamp Kit
This kit has some really great sentiments paired with that cute little puppy. It really can be used over and over again for friendship, I love you and sympathy cards.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on Youtube.
Like this video? Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.
I’m starting out with a layout that lends itself to being used over and over again. You can customize it for with different sentiments, themes and occasions just by changing the stamp set, the papers, and colors. I love how quickly the card comes together with minimal supplies.
The little pup is watercolored with 3 Distress Ink colors (Scattered Straw, Wild Honey
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Cover a standard size A2 (4.25″ x 5.5″) card with a stitched die cut piece of patterned paper. Set aside for later.
- Stamp the puppy and sentiment on watercolor paper using a watercolor friendly ink (I used Gina K Amalgam ink). I suggest using your MISTI to help with repeat stamping, but it is not necessary.
- Watercolor the puppy using Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Worn Lipstick) and a water brush. When the puppy is dry, fussy cut out and run a black marker around the edge.
- Glue a strip of vellum to the card front. Next, glue a strip of grey cardstock slightly smaller and on top of the vellum. Last, glue the strip of paper with the sentiment over the top of the grey cardstock.
- Add foam adhesive to the back of the puppy and pop it up on the front of the card.
- Die cut 3 little hearts out of pink cardstock. Pop up the top heart with foam adhesive and glue the other 2 hearts directly to the card front.
- Lastly, add a bit of glitter to the heart of the puppy and die cut hearts using a clear Wink of Stella glitter pen.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate your support of my little blog.