Happy Saturday. I’m playing around with the pretty Unity Stamp Company Bird’s the Word sentiment kit this week. So great for birthdays or all sorts of occasions by using a different sentiment. Just a bit of simple watercoloring makes that little bird sing.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made.
I just love the big and bold cursive sentiments in this stamp set. So many wonderful sayings you can mix and match for any occasion. I decided to make a birthday card for today’s card. The sentiment and bird are stamped in black ink and then I popped up the little birdie after doing some simple watercoloring. Check out the video for more details.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″). Cover card front with some patterned paper.
- Stamp sentiment and bird in black in on white cardstock. Die-cut with a stitched scallop die. Pop up on card front with foam adhesive.
- Stamp a second bird on white cardstock and watercolor with Distress Ink markers. Let dry and fussy cut out close to ink lines.
- Pop up the watercolored bird with foam adhesive. Color in hearts on card front with a Distress Ink marker in pink.
- Glue on some sequins.
- Admire your pretty little card. So easy to make and perfect to give away.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I appreciate you using the links when possible to help support my little blog.