I’m using the brand new Unity Stamp Company sentiment kit for January 2020 today. Say It With Love is great for all sorts of occasions where you want to send your heart and support but just don’t have the words.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made.
Love is universal. It is the answer to so many things. When you don’t know what to say or what to do… just send love and hugs.
Say It With Love is the answer to all those situations where you don’t have the words to express your support, your love, your understanding. You know you love someone and you just want them to know. Sometimes you don’t have the words. You don’t know the outcome. You just know you want the best!
I understand this. I feel this so often. I want to send all of me but I have only so much that fits into a little 4.25 x 5.5 inch card. It never feels enough. But it does mean so much. As much as I think it doesn’t mean anything… it DOES!!! Oh so much. Do not doubt the effort you put into your cards. It is an extension of a hug. Of support. Of love. ALL of the FEELINGS. In the end. Don’t doubt what it means. Do it and know it makes a difference.
I’ve gone off on a tangent. Haha. This card is all about that foiling. Adding that extra step to create a bit of shine and interaction. When you pick this card up and move it around you get the shine. It picks up the light and it reflects the light. It is so very cool. People wonder how the heck you did that and you know it is so very simple. That is the magic of card making. You are a magician that makes things happen. Haha. Watch the video above for all the details and I have the simple steps below as well.
And those beautiful patterned papers. All brand new from Unity this month. I love them. So perfect for valentines or anytime. I also completed the inside of my card. Yay me. This is one of my goals for 2020. I want to add some stamped sentiments or images and make the inside just as pretty as the front. I don’t always know who or what the card is for, so I’ll probably leave those blank. But if I have an idea, I’m going for it. Let’s complete more insides, please.
Create something that makes your heart happy. Something that makes another person’s heart happy. That is card making. That is what I am focusing on this year.
Plus to share my process. So many videos and cards to come. I hope you enjoy them and find it inspirational as well. Happy 2020 my friends. Let’s embrace this year with our hearts and joy. So excited to see what this year entails.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″).
- Stamp images on some standard copy paper. Use a copier or printer to copy your image and print with a laser printer on cardstock.
- Die-cut the image with a stitched rectangle.
- If needed, fill in the printed image with a Deco Foil Adhesive pen. This will ensure the entire image is covered with foil.
- Cover the hearts with red foil and the sentiment with teal foil. Place in parchment paper and run through a laminator. I have mine set on cold 5 mil.
- Once it has gone through the laminator, remove the foil pieces.
- Layer patterned papers and trim down to 4.25 x 5.5 inches.
- Wrap some string around papers and tie a bow. Adhere all to the card front.
- Die-cut the foiled sentiment smaller and pop up on card front with foam adhesive.
- Move the card back and forth and admire how it catches the light. It is so very pretty. Then send it off to someone you love.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I appreciate you using the links to help support my little blog.