Let’s start the new year with a new sketch. I love the idea of Assemble This Sketch No. 12. So many possibilities. That little striped center is perfect for so many accents. Patterned paper, stamping or who knows what. I can only imagine what you come up with.
I’m excited to share my version. I’m using a fabulous Unity Stamp Company kit for my sample today. I just love all the sentiments in this kit plus the rustic cowboy feel. I don’t have anything like this stamp set in my stash so I couldn’t wait to ink it up and share it with you.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. Lots of great little details in this lovely card.
I’m a southwest girl. Born and raised in Arizona, so I love that cowboy rustic style. Especially when it is purty-ed up with beautiful floral papers and a copper shiny accent. I have been wanting something to fit my state’s style. So I designed this rustic skull with some floral accents to soften it up. I love the combo and hope you do too.
There are some great sentiments in this set as well. Just some great general greetings for all occasions.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″).
- Trim down or die-cut a piece of kraft cardstock down to the size of an A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″).
- Stamp and emboss the sentiment in the Penny embossing powder into the bottom right corner of the panel.
- Stamp and emboss the rustic skull stamp on a spare piece of kraft paper. Trim out with scissors or use the Digital Die Cut file.
- Cut out a 1.5-inch section of the kraft panel with the sentiment using a trimmer or a scallop die cut. This will create the cutout for the patterned paper to peek through.
- Trim down a 2-inch piece of patterned paper and glue to the card front.
- Pop up the two pieces of kraft cardstock on the front of the card using foam adhesive.
- Pop up the rustic skull using foam adhesive.
- Glue on some sequins.
- Admire your pretty little card. That sparkle and texture from the embossing powder and the movement and shine from the sequins. Such a lovely card for sending some warm wishes.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you.