Unity Blog Hop Unity Stamp Company Wanna Sketch?

[7.3.2014] more Unity Thursday

More Unity Thursday

Time for some more THURSDAY fun with the Unity design team.  If you haven’t been hopping along, all the action starts on the Unity blog.  There’s always fun stuff going on.  We are still loving the Gina & Me stamps plus the Ang & Me paper package.

So much fun, I have two cards to share with you today.

IMG_2846_dahlhouse

I don’t think I have a stamp set specifically for besties.  So, glad Ang & Gina came up with this idea and the Unity Artistas created the perfect stamps.  I’m using some of the lovely new patterned paper behind the stamped girls and sentiment.  The background stamp is from Unity too.

IMG_2848_dahlhouse

DDWS17I based this card on my current Wanna Sketch? challenge.  I thought it would be a great way to feature those beautiful papers by Gina K and the lovely butterflies in the stamp set.

I meant to pop up the teal paper to create a separation between the two layers, but ahem, forgot.  Ha.  So after I cursed myself a little, I decided tying some twine will do just fine.

I layered to two butterflies on top of each other, the little guy creates the perfect lifted set of wings.

** COMMENT PRIZE **
Don’t forget to leave a comment on each blog today.
We’ll be giving away 2 prizes from comments left on the participating blogs.

Here are all the girls hopping today…  just click on the next pretty girl in line.

2014sig

2014supplies

Birthday Bestie

46 Comments

1. Pam foy says:

Very pretty.

2. Such beautiful friendship cards. Love the stamping with those pretty papers. 🙂

3. Oh!! These are lovely!! I like that you only partially stamped that image and kept the black and white. It looks fabulous with the pattern papers.

I like how you layered the butterflies over each other in the second card. Fabulous design.

4. Great use of the patterned papers and stamps here. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Your butterflies are stunning!

5. Lisa K says:

Lovely cards. The patterned paper made the sketch beautiful.

6. Gayle Chrvala says:

Love, love, love your girlfriend card as well as the sketch card with the patterned papers.

7. Karen Hightower says:

Wonderful cards. I really like the use of your Patterned Papers, and the off set of your image. Also I love the butterflies. Beautiful cards. 🙂

8. Hotwheels says:

your cards are so lovely!

9. this paper is so much fun! the cards are beautiful,,, love the black/white stamped image on these colorful papers

10. Beautiful, love the girls that are not colored with that hart.

11. Anonymous says:

Gorgeous cards! The papers look great.

12. Heather Warner Ferguson says:

I love the use of the bestie stamp “as is” and the stitching around all your layers. And anyone would love to get the pretty butterfly card, great colors and sentiment.

13. Sue D says:

Love both of your cards!

14. Nana Griffin says:

Great use of the papers and stamps.

15. LOVE your cards, the colors are FABULOUS!!!

16. Julie Urban says:

You make beautiful cards.

17. Ruby M says:

Lovely cards. They are so pretty.

18. Love that you didn’t color the girls. So pretty!

19. Lovely creations. Love the B/W besties on the colors….really pops!

20. Love those cards – thanks for sharing

21. Beautiful cards today as always, Lisa! Love how you stamped off the edge with the first one — you would never know you’ve changed it from a selfie stamp! 😉 And the butterfly layering is perfect.

22. Oh my gosh I love your bestie card!! Great design..so clever to leave the stamp uncolored. Love. Love.

23. Great idea of using a black and white with Gina’s papers. They really make the image stand out!

24. Really pretty cards. That is gorgeous DP

25. Fantastic cards! Love the off centered image and the heart stamped in the background of the sentiment! Beautiful layered butterfly!

26. Patti J. says:

Fabulous cards! I love each of them! You are so creative…great idea to NOT color that image! Love the nice straight lines on the second card…kudos! Job well done!

27. Beautiful cards, love the way you used your papers.

Sue

28. Lovely cards. I like the way you kept the selfies black and white, the eye sees the beautiful papers as well as the center. The butterfly is so pretty you almost want to touch it and see if it moves. Wonderful.

29. Lisa Angela says:

Absolutely LOVE your cards!!!! So pretty!

30. Cute cards! I think the twine is perfect!

31. Kristen V says:

I love your cards and how you used the image and chose not to color it.

32. Love your card design, so beautiful!

33. Simplicity is sometimes best and this is one of them!

34. Very pretty cards!

35. Queen of Cards says:

Well done!!!

36. Jogging in place!!! Like your fly high butterfly the best. Bye!

37. great, like the cards, the style, colors and stamps set. TFS.

38. Great cards!! The stamps even look beautiful in black and white 🙂

39. Denise Bryant says:

Great cards to show off these fun stamps and papers from the Unity and Gina K kits! I am in love with the beautiful butterflies! Gorgeous design! And the stamped girls on your first card looks so awesome just in plain ink without any coloring! Another amazing design!

40. Lisa, these cards are beautiful! I really, really love that butterfly!

41. Both cards are great.. But I have a weakness for butterflies. That background paper looks like a winner

42. Dawn Skene says:

Great cards. Love the way you layered the two different butterflies.

43. both your cards are wonderful, I just LOVE how you layered those butterflies!

44. super fun Lisa!

45. Toni K says:

Beautiful cards!!!

46. Great cards, Lisa. Love that you left white the front stamped image on the first card. Love the beautiful pattern papers too, and background.