Who loves crazy cozy socks?
It is Sentiment Saturday time folks. I’m so excited about today’s Unity Stamp Company card. It is super cute and cozy. So fun to send to someone who needs a chuckle and a smile.
Featured Stamp Set
Did this card make you smile? I was smiling as I created it. Fun patterned socks were very important to me when I was in my teens and early twenties. I loved the idea that I had some crazy pattern on my feet. When I entered the workforce, they were hidden under my dress pants and dress shoes. My little happy secret. Haha. I’ve since moved beyond my hidden crazy sock habits, but I do love some supper cozy fun socks to lounge around the house in.
I’m doing some repeat stamping, Copic marker coloring and a little Distress Ink blending to make these fun little socks come alive. I hope it brings someone a great big smile this holiday season.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. Watch along as I Assemble This card.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″).
- Stamp the sentiment in black ink. Choose a Copic or alcohol marker friendly ink if you want to color with markers as I did.
- Stamp the socks in a repeat pattern around the sentiment using the same black ink.
- Color the socks in with Copic markers.
- Stamp a set of socks on masking paper and then fussy cutout. Use the masks over the socks as you blend some Distress Inks around each pair of socks.
- Blend a darker color of Distress Ink around the edge of the card.
- Call it done and admire your fun little card. Chuckle a little at how cute it turned out too.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I appreciate you using the links when possible to help support my little blog.